Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reveal The Shield Toys..............REVEALED!!!

Hey guys & gals, its been awhile but I'm back and here this post is about the first couple of figures from the new Transformers toyline called "Reveal the Shield".

lets first take a look at the legends class, even though they still have the "Hunt for the Decepticons" tagline the logo on the card does have the new tagline as well.
Here we have Trailcutter(Trailbreaker) Optimus Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Gold Bumblebee (Gold Bug), and Megatron. Now they all look really nice but my only gripe is just with the name and thats Gold Bumblebee, for one, calling him that name is just lame but I guess it makes sense because he IS just a repaint, no remolded face to resemble Gold Bug but whatever. The fact that this is pretty much all G1 is really cool, I don't really buy Legends, but for these I'll make an exception ;)

Now lets take a look at the first wave of the Deluxe class of this line

Here we have Fallback(Outback), Mindset, Special Ops Jazz (HELL YEAH!), and Turbo Tracks. Lets get to the redecos first, Fallback, even though he is just a straight up redeco, the color scheme looks real nice and they used one of my favorite molds so its all good. Mindset, he's a redeco of Hailstorm but with a new sculpted head and even though I don't own this mold yet, I've heard good things about it and it too looks good. Now the New stuff, Special Ops Jazz............HE WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Moving on we have Turbo Tracks, this picture of him is mistransformed but I like him, people are having their gripes about him but I'm digging the design, he's got that alternators look. 

Lastly lets look at a Voyager Class of this Line
Here is Solar Storm Grappel(Grapple). Now this is not just a redeco of the Universe Inferno, it also has some remolded parts: The head, arms, and feet. Also he has a new accessory with the crane instead of the fire hose. He overall looks really nice and again they're using a mold that I really like and is one of my favorite molds to come out.


Let me finish off by quickly talking about the names given to some of these guys, Special Ops Jazz, Turbo Tracks, and Solar Storm Grappel. I think this is a better way to name them instead of going with the old "Autobot Insert Name Here". The other names like Fallback & Trailcutter while I don't mind it I wonder why they didn't add titles to their names so they can still keep their original names, but again I'm not 100% sure how the copyright nameing goes.

But in all I'm really looking forward to this line along with the other lines coming out, my wallet on the other hand is crying......

No comments:

Post a Comment